What is L-carnitine?
The must-have weight loss supplement .
L-carnitine is a natural amino acid derivative that is often taken as a nutritious and dietary supplement.
It plays a crucial role in the production of energy by transporting fatty acids into the mitochondria of your cells .
Mitochondria act as engines within your cells, burning these fats to create usable energy.
Your body can produce L-carnitine from the amino acids lysine and methionine.
In order for your body to produce enough vitamin C, you also need plenty of vitamin C.
DISCOVER A CTIFMINCEUR ®, A POWERFUL NATURAL FAT BURNER (ENRICHED WITH CARNITINE L-TARTRATE) IN CLICKING HERE
The different types of carnitine
L-carnitine is the standard biologically active form of carnitine, which is found in your body, foods, and most weight loss supplements.
Here are all the forms of carnitine:
- D-carnitine: this inactive form can cause carnitine deficiency in your body by inhibiting the absorption of other more useful forms .
- Acetyl-L-carnitine: Often referred to as ALCAR, it is probably the most effective form for your brain . Studies suggest that it may benefit people with neurodegenerative diseases .
- Propionyl-L-carnitine: This form is well suited for circulatory problems , such as peripheral vascular disease and high blood pressure. It can stimulate the production of nitric oxide , which improves blood circulation .
- L-carnitine L-tartrate: This is arguably the best form of L-carnitine for weight loss . It is also commonly added to sports supplements due to its rapid absorption rate. It can also help with muscle soreness and recovery during exercise .
L-carnitine for weight loss
Due to its role in fat metabolism , it is best known for its ability to aid in weight loss , and more so when combined with a healthy diet and exercise routine.
L-carnitine plays an essential role in transporting fats to the mitochondria , where they are converted into energy.
Much research has been done on carnitine's ability to support fat metabolism , which helps researchers continue to examine carnitine's potential.
For example, in a small study of healthy, slightly overweight participants, carnitine supplementation for 10 days was found to be linked to increased fat oxidation . The study also suggests that supplementation may be associated with better utilization of dietary fat , meaning that more of the fat consumed was used as energy.
There are plenty of other scientific studies, of course, but to keep it simple, let's put it this way: L-carnitine could very well be the answer to your weight loss dreams.
Below are 6 benefits of L-carnitine weight loss supplement and how it can help you lose weight both directly and indirectly:
1. L-carnitine burns fat
With higher levels of L-carnitine , your body becomes more efficient at burning fat . Not only does L-carnitine decrease the amount of fat your body stores , but it also helps reduce visceral abdominal fat , the fat that surrounds your vital organs and can lead to fatty liver disease and other serious health issues.
2. Provides more energy during and after a workout
As your body's ability to burn fat increases , so does your energy level. L-carnitine not only helps you increase the amount of fat you burn with every workout , but also helps you get more energy for better workouts and an active lifestyle.
3. L-carnitine boosts your metabolism to help you lose weight
Taking this energy boost into your exercise routine will allow you to perform with more intensity, which will boost your metabolism . A more efficient metabolism helps your weight loss program significantly, as you'll increase the amount of calories you can burn, even at rest.
4. Improved recovery after consuming L-carnitine
L-carnitine helps reduce lactic acid buildup in your muscles. Muscle lactate buildup is responsible for soreness and muscle fatigue after intense training. L-carnitine helps break down lactate so you recover faster and can get back to that fat burning exercise so essential to your weight loss program.
5. L-carnitine stimulates the immune system
In addition to L-carnitine's fat burning and weight loss benefits , it also helps the body's immune system and also functions as an effective antioxidant. How does this connect to your weight loss program? Easy: the better you feel, the more likely you are to put on your gym clothes and get your body moving.
6. L-carnitine may reduce symptoms of type 2 diabetes and its associated risk factors
A study in people with type 2 diabetes taking diabetes medications found that carnitine supplements significantly reduced blood sugar levels , compared to a placebo .
It may also fight diabetes by increasing a key enzyme called AMPK, which improves your body's ability to use carbohydrates .
The standard dose of L-carnitine is 500 to 2000 mg per day .
Although the dosage varies from study to study, here is an overview of the use and dose for each form:
- Acetyl-L-carnitine: This form is best for brain health and function. The doses range from 600 to 2,500 mg per day.
- L-carnitine L-tartrate: This form is most effective for weight loss physical performance. Dosages range from 1,000 to 4,000 mg per day.
- Propionyl-L-carnitine: This form is best for improving blood circulation in people with high blood pressure or related health conditions. The doses range from 400 to 1000 mg per day.
Up to 2,000 mg (2 grams) of L-carnitine per day appears to be safe and effective over the long term.